The JA and I are big fans of meals that we can whip together in a pinch – especially when they are bursting with flavor. Our favorite go-to nacho recipe, up until this point, was How Sweet’s 20 Minute Turkey Taco Nachos. (Seriously, love them.)
Yet, with training for my upcoming half marathon, nachos aren’t necessarily the best fuel choice. However, when I received a lovely package from Sunshine Burger, a company committed to serving health-conscious consumers with delicious, wholesome, veggie burgers and products made with certified organic, whole-food ingredients, I figured why not give veggie burger nachos a try. I got six different flavors and decided that the Black Bean South West flavor would be perfect to test as a meat substitute.
You guys, it rocked. Like, we ate these off the tray, standing in front of our oven good.
Here’s how we made them:
10-Minute Vegetarian Nachos
3 Black Bean South West Sunshine Burgers
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 bag tortilla chips (we used blue corn chips)
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded lettuce
(avocado & greek yogurt can be used as additional toppings)
1. Heat olive oil & onion over medium heat.
2. Add veggie burgers and cook per package instructions, crumbling to fully mix with onion.
2. While burgers are heating, line baking sheet with foil.
3. Place a layer of chips on baking sheet. Top with cheese.
4. Set oven to broil.
5. Once burger/onion mix is finished, and place it evenly on top of cheese.
6. OPTIONAL: Place another layer of cheese on top of burger/onion mix.
7. Heat nachos under broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted.
8. Cover with salsa & lettuce, adding any other nacho-like toppings to taste.
As I said, these were phenomenal. They were even better knowing that the burgers themselves were of high quality.
We tried out a few more recipes with the burgers, so stay tuned for more deliciousness! In the meantime, find other recipes of mine on my Recipes page.
To find a store selling Sunshine Burgers near you, click here.
Disclaimer: I was provided six boxes of Sunshine Burgers as an ambassador of the Fit Approach Sweat Pink community. All opinions are my own.